Skype is useful for one-to-one interactions as well as group conversations
Availability: Download apps
Cost: Free and premium versions
You can Skype with one contact. You can find and add contacts using the Directory, and once they have accepted your invitation to connect, you can send them text messages as well as have a voice calls.
You can Skype with a group. It is possible to have a text conversation with a group of contacts as well as make a group audio or video call. You can do this either by setting up a new conversation and adding contacts to it, or by adding contacts to an existing conversation.
- You can also share files.
- You can even share your computer screen.
- You can now even create a shareable chat link (see screenshot right)
- You can record Skype calls. Although Skype doesn’t natively do this, there are a number of other apps that can be used for this purpose
- You can get a Skype number that anyone can use to call you from their phone, which you can pick up on Skype wherever you are in the world (Note: there is a charge for this.)
- You can make sure you are not disturbed by setting your status to Do not disturb, if you don’t want to answer any calls or dealing with any messages straightaway.
- You can add Skype buttons to your website or blog so that anyone call or message you.
Guides & Resources