Excel is spreadsheet software. It is available as part of the Microsoft Office suite to download or online as part of Office365.
Excel has a huge range of functionality, so the interface can look rather overwhelming, but it can used in a very simple way or in more sophisticated ways to create very functional worksheets.
Guides & Resources
- How to make a spreadsheet in Excel, WikiHow
- A beginner’s guide to Excel spreadsheets (PDF), ChemTopics
- Excel Easy
- How to use Excel: Our top 10 things to learn, DeskBright
- How to Use Excel: 14 Simple Excel Shortcuts, Tips & Tricks, Rachel Sprung
- Using Excel For Business: 10 Productivity Tips, American Express
- Use Microsoft Excel for (Nearly) Everything, Helen Bradley, PC World, 25 November 2011